An IKEA home bar can be easily made with kitchen cabinets. You could buy a custom piece for thousands of dollars or you can build one with IKEA cabinets without having to go through the hassle of designing it. You can leave that to us at IKDO. A home bar is so much more than just a piece of furniture: it’s a sanctuary. There are many ways to create such a refuge.
Who would have thought you could create a nice home bar with IKEA? Whether you’re a beginner at entertaining or have been hosting parties for years, a home bar is great to have. IKEA makes it affordable and IKDO makes it convenient, too. Here are some points to get you started:
- Set a budget. Be sure of how much you can afford and do it before you hit the first nail to avoid nasty surprises. Keep it inexpensive or close to what you want to spend.
- Plan your extras. We’re not talking only about the liquor. Are you planning on a sink? How about an ice-maker or a wine-cooler? Perhaps a mini-fridge? These will be likely decided after you plan a budget.
- Think of wires and pipes. If you’re going for the whole nine yards, make sure you’ve planned for plumbing and electricity. A licensed professional should be called for safety reasons and to steer clear of any potential annoyances.
- Choose the right cabinets. Usually, closed cabinets are reserved for the bigger liquor bottles, the drawers for the small equipment and glass doors to display your glassware. The AKURUM line has cabinets in many different configurations and sizes.
- Add the finishing touches. Once you have your bar set up as your newly designated lounge at home, you need to make sure it doesn’t look naked. Think about hanging some posters or vintage prints, even atmospheric lighting.
All that remains is outfitting it with useful accessories: glasses of various sizes, a bottle opener, some stools and bartending books. Then, stock your bar with liquor and all that’s left to do is send some invitations!