Authors: Family Fresh Cooking With Marla
Cream that butter & sugar, whisk those eggs, melt that decadent chocolate. Don’t forget to choose one or more adventure ingredients. The time is now ~ The Scharffen Berger Chocolate Maker | TuttiFoodie.com Chocolate Adventure Contest has begun! (oh did I mention the grand prize winner can take home $25,000!!)
This years challenge speaks to me. Loudly. Chocolate meets Sandwich Cookies. OMG. Heaven found. How do you enter your WOW the judges creation?
I thought you’d never ask. Here’s how…
All it takes to enter this chocolatey challenge is your genius in the kitchen. You can have a blog but you sure don’t need one. This challenge is open to all bakers & food enthusiasts (non professional and professional) in the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years or older. You can review the Official Contest Rules for details.
Invent a sandwich cookie creation. It must use Scharffen Berger artisan chocolate and at least one of the Chocolate Adventure ingredients. Your cookies will be judged on creativity, taste, use of chocolate, ease of preparation and whether your recipe reflects a spirit of adventure.
The adventure ingredients razzle dazzle…
- Get sassy with Sweet Potato
- Spunky with Sumatra Coffee
- Tango with Tequila
- Bring it with Banana
You get my drift. Go check out the other 8 ingredients that are all native to cacao-belt countries.
This is the 6th annual Chocolate Adventure competition. The fun began in 2007 and it just keeps getting better and better each year. You can take a look at the past winners, their tasty treats and sandwich cookie ideas on the Inspiration page.
Who is going to taste your amazing cookies? The finalists will be judged by some of my favorite people.
- John Scharffenberger started this company with the mission to create the finest artisan chocolate from bean to bar. Using the highest quality cacao beans from around the world, Scharffenberger helped to create the first new premium American dark chocolate in decades.
- Do you know Matt Armendariz from Matt Bites? He is a judge (also a really nice guy!) By the way he took all of these stunning photos of sandwich cookies in this post. I look up to Matt as a photography genius and mentor.
- Another judge? The beautiful and craaaaazy talented Angie Dudley, your probably know her better as BAKERELLA! Angie always amazes me with her perfectly adorable, stop you in your tracks cake pops and sweet treats. She has great taste and certainly knows a thing or two about swoon worthy desserts.
- Chef Elizabeth Falkner is one of the most recognizable faces of the culinary world. Elizabeth was a finalist and runner up on Next Iron Chef on the Food Network, she is the owner of amazing restaurants. She is a cookbook author too. (And she watched in awe as I slammed fistfuls of her cake in a box at the inaugural BlogHer Food in 2009.) She is a great spirited gal and I LOVE her cropped, platinum blond hair.
- Alice Medrich. Author, chocolate chef, and teacher, Alice has won more James Beard and IACP cookbook-of-the-year and best-in-category awards than any other author. Amazing! She also wrote the go-to cookie cookbook Chewy, Gooey, Melt-in-Your Mouth Cookies.
Go For It!
So that is all you need to know for now folks. I hope I have inspired you to create a recipe for potential cookie fame. You can submit up to 10 recipes. Have a blast with this ~ a chocolate adventure is supposed to be just that.
A dance with sweetness & great taste!
Keep your recipes hush, hush though. Your secret sandwich cookies creations can be shared with the folks right here on this entry form.
Disclosure: This is an advertorial to help promote this contest. All thoughts, opinions and expressions are my own. Hope you can join in on the FUN!