Walking down the produce aisle it can be hard to break out of the “everyday” veggies that we choose! Since September is Organic month we are going to put the spot light on our beautiful, fresh Organic Fennel!
Today we are going to highlight a recipe from Organic soul.
Fennel has great nutrients as well as contains medicinal properties that can help with relief from certain disorders.
This is a fresh raw salad with a delicious combination of fennel, carrots, cumin and lime!
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced, seeded jalapeno chili
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 fennel bulb
- 4 carrots
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Pinch of sugar
- In a small bowl combine the cumin, red pepper flakes, lime juice, olive oil, jalapeño, salt and a pinch of sugar. Whisk until blended.
- Using a food processor fitted with a grater or use a large box grater shred the fennel bulb and carrots.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss gently to mix.