- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup salted butter, at room temperature*
- 1 1/4 cups light-brown sugar
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz Snickers bites candy bars, chopped (about 2 cups)**
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chopped peanuts (lightly salted or unsalted - don't use the regular salted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt for 30 seconds, set aside. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until pale and fluffy. Stir in eggs one at a time mixing until combined after each addition. Blend in vanilla. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Add in chopped Snickers, chocolate chips and peanuts and blend on low speed just until mixed in.
- Shape dough into balls about 3 Tbsp each (45 g) and place on a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet spacing at least 2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven 10 - 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- *Look for a salted butter containing 100 mg or less of sodium per serving (listed on nutrition facts). If you have a butter that has more than 100 mg just reduce the amount of salt slightly.
- ** I diced each of the Snickers bites into quarters. I love that I didn't have to unwrap lots of minis but if you cant find the bites the minis would work fine.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy
Login to post comments