1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
2 14 1/2 ounce cans chicken broth
1 large potato, peeled and chopped
2 9 ounce packages fresh spinach or 1-1/4 pounds fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
2 cups watercress, tough stems removed
2 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved
2 small tomatoes, quartered, seeded, and thinly sliced
complete your meal
Farmer's Market Recipes
Our Best Vegetable Soup Recipes
1. In 4-quart Dutch oven cook onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning in hot butter over medium heat for 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
2. If using sherry, remove Dutch oven from heat; slowly pour in sherry. Return to heat; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add broth and potato. Bring to boiling. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Remove from heat.
3. Set aside 2 cups of the spinach. Stir remaining spinach, half at a time, into soup just until wilted. Cook about 5 minutes.
4. Transfer soup, half at a time, to a food processor or blender; cover and process or blend until smooth. Return to Dutch oven; heat through. Season with salt.
5. To serve, top with reserved spinach, watercress, Parmesan, and tomatoes.
Per Serving: cal. (kcal) 151, Fat, total (g) 7, chol. (mg) 18, sat. fat (g) 4, carb. (g) 16, Monounsaturated fat (g) 2, fiber (g) 4, sugar (g) 3, pro. (g) 8, vit. A (IU) 8600, vit. C (mg) 38, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 3, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 181, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, sodium (mg) 881, Potassium (mg) 784, calcium (mg) 232, iron (mg) 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
• تعداد: 6 نفر