A CREATIVE WATERMELON CENTERPIECE
DIY watermelon grill centerpiece
Ingredients and supplies:
Remove one of the skewers and place blackberries in the bottom
of the watermelon for the "charcoal." Replace the skewer when done.
- Trim skewer ends for grill grate
- Trim the wooden skewer ends with wire cutters or a pair
- of kitchen shears until they're flush with the rind.
- Insert celery for grill legs
- Insert three celery stalks into the holes on the bottom of the watermelon.
- You may need to widen the holes slightly, but you want them to be tight. For added stability,
- you can also insert wooden skewers for the "grill legs" and hide them with the celery stalks.
kiwis, blueberries, grapes, pineapple and watermelon balls
Put kabobs on the grill
Place the fruit kabobs on and around the watermelon grill.
To make the grill "lid," attach a small piece of cucumber or zucchini
to the top of the smaller watermelon bowl with toothpicks. The lid can be propped
on the side of the watermelon grill by inserting more toothpicks to secure it in place.